1. Personal Information
- Non-Account Activity. You can watch videos on Hotel Confidential without having a Hotel Confidential Account
- Account-Related Activity. Certain other activities on Hotel Confidential-like uploading videos, posting comments, or watching certain restricted videos-require you to have a Hotel Confidential Account. We ask for some personal information when you create a Hotel Confidential Account, including your email address and a password, which is used to protect your account from unauthorized access.
- Usage Information. We may record information about your usage, such as when you use Hotel Confidential, the channels, groups, and favorites you subscribe to, the contacts you communicate with, and the frequency and size of data transfers, as well as information you display or click on in Hotel Confidential (including UI elements, settings, and other information). If you are logged in, we may associate that information with your account. We may use clear GIFs (a.k.a. "Web Beacons") in HTML-based emails sent to our users to track which emails are opened by recipients.
- Content Uploaded to Site. Any personal information or video content that you voluntarily disclose online (on discussion boards, in messages and chat areas, within your playback or profile pages, etc.) becomes publicly available and can be collected and used by others.
- If you submit personally identifiable information to us through the Hotel Confidential Sites, we use your personal information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of the Hotel Confidential Sites, as well as provide special personalized features to you.
- You may elect to display your first and last name for other Users, but this is not a requirement. You may modify your preferences to display your first and last name on your account page at Hotel Confidential.
- Your account name (not your email address) is displayed to other Users when you upload videos or send messages through the Hotel Confidential Sites and other Users can contact you through messages and comments. Any videos that you submit to the Hotel Confidential Sites may be redistributed through the internet and other media channels, and may be viewed by the general public.
- We do not use your email address or other personally identifiable information to send commercial or marketing messages without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-in or opt-out. We may, however, use your email address without further consent for non-marketing or administrative purposes (such as notifying you of major Hotel Confidential Site changes or for customer service purposes).
- We use both your personally identifiable information and certain non-personally-identifiable information (such as anonymous User usage data, cookies, IP addresses, browser type, clickstream data, etc.) to improve the quality and design of the Hotel Confidential Sites and to create new features, promotions, functionality, and services by storing, tracking, and analyzing User preferences and trends.
3. Your Choices
- You may, of course, decline to submit personally identifiable information through the Hotel Confidential Sites, in which case you can still view videos and explore the Hotel Confidential Sites, but Hotel Confidential may not be able to provide certain services to you.
- You may update or correct your personal profile information and email preferences at any time by visiting your account profile page.